Hey, remember me? I used to blog here…
I won’t make excuses – I’ve been slacking. I’ve literally neglected this little digital home I’ve created. From work taking up most of my emotional energy and subsequently feeling uninspired to create, I’ve fallen into the trap of inconsistency.
However, it hasn’t all been crickets around here…
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO…
- I recently contributed to Spirited Pursuit, one of my favourite travel sites [and if you haven’t checked out my unofficial guide to London, check it out now] – it’s more ‘cheeky Nandos’ than ‘my top 10 coffee shops’ and I couldn’t be prouder! I did it for my London and I’m happy it got received so well.
- You can also find me on the Metro discussing my experiences travelling as a Black woman, as well as on a few other notable travel sites I really love (Nomadness Travel Tribe, Parlour Magazine, The Black Expat, e.t.c.)
- I’ve met some really great Black travel entrepreneurs and I have WTM travel + social media to thank – shout out to @travellingwithmelanin, @theblackvoyager, @dipyourtoesin, @traveleatslay, @resettravel, @huesofdelahaye and @kyomiwade to name a few…
- I quit my job – but more on this in another article 😉
- I reached out to a mentor and got one.
- I also reached out to a therapist.
WHAT I’M FEELING
I’ve visited Prince of Peckham for their jerk haloumi, fries and rice & peas more times than I care to admit. They also do weekly club nights upstairs; local DJs Born ‘n’ Bread have graced the decks, so you know the vibe is serious.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. A couple of drops on a cotton pad and apply it in the morning and in the evening. My skin seems to like it.
Lush clay self-preserving Face & Body mask – breaking out for no reason seems to be a ‘thing’ when you’re approaching 30. This has been really helpful with my troublesome spots.
Temple sounds Tibetan singing bowls (meditation)
Boulder Climbing – Such a productive way to get out some aggression. They also do an introductory offer of £25 for unlimited visits (for one month).
Hootsuite Academy – learn basic digital marketing strategies (free)
Schedugram – Instagram scheduling (paid)
Lynda.com – online courses covering everything from coding to editing. (free for the first month)
Phlearn – and in case you’re not feeling shelling out some money, Phlearn is hands down one of the best free tutorials for learning how to edit in Photoshop and Lightroom.
Canva – social media graphics and easy-to-make designs (free for the first month)
Yoast SEO – a web optimisation tool. It’s been invaluable for me.
LISTENING – My favourite podcasts at the moment
INTERESTING THINGS AROUND THE WEB
And there you have it.
I’ll try not to be away for so long next time.